Back-End/Fullstack Software Engineer - ProctorExam (NL Remote)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
ProctorExam works with colleges, universities and certification providers to offer a secure web-based infrastructure for remote exams. We allow candidates greater access to education and institutions with more flexible, scalable and cost-effective ways to conduct authentic assessments digitally.
ProctorExam offices are located in the heart of Amsterdam.
Joining our Engineering team. you will get the opportunity to understand the client business requirements and translate them into a highly scalable, highly available architecture for online proctoring, across multiple regions and multiple types of clients. We expect you to contribute to designing a pure technical solution that makes optimal use of resources, databases, caching technologies, micro services and APIs that allow it to scale and remain flexible for new features. You will learn new technologies, work with various other teams inside the Turnitin organization, with DevOps for automating tasks and system scaling, and you will be working in an agile environment.
You will become a member of the development team that works closely with other disciplines/roles. The team is responsible for the whole life cycle (i.e. development, operations) of in- house or packaged applications according to development/test standards and corporate architecture policies including security and data privacy guidelines.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Making architectural designs related to the implementation of new features
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operates in an Agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Strong understanding of programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, SQL.
- Experience of software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- Exposure to AWS, Kubernetes/Docker is beneficial
- Knowledge of writing scripts for automated testing/unit testing
- Experience with highly scalable web development and database architecture.
- Understanding of UNIX platforms.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines to help development and testing teams deliver more iteratively.
- An innovative mindset, capability to think out-of-the box and autonomy when researching various solutions.
- Strong understanding in industry best practices in development.
- Ability to work well in a team, willingness to help others, give and receive feedback and compromise when needed.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Excellent communications skills.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.