Senior Sales Development Representative (4 month fixed term contract)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
We're seeking a professional with a background in excellent customer support, pre-sales support with exposure in inside sales for a SAAS / ITES product. As a Sales Development Executive, you will be responsible for extending pre-sales support to the sales team; ensuring the qualification of inbound leads/customer enquiries in terms of managing their technical / non-technical queries with a focus on achieving inside sales target of generating/qualifying leads set for the year. This this position reports to Regional Manager, South & West India, Sri Lanka, Maldives.
The candidate will be responsible for managing specific aspects of the Inside, pre-& post-sales function:
- Evaluate & follow up on incoming marketing qualified leads/inside sales leads to convert them to sales opportunities and convert these opportunities to customers by handing them over to sales team.
- Ensuring to update CRM as per the lead qualification
- Maintaining report pertaining to lead status
- Data Mining activities to create new contact touchpoints.
- Generating leads through cold calling/email campaigns
- Market profiling, converting the leads into hot prospects.
- Achievement of set target of qualifying a percentage of leads.
- Handling calls and queries of prospects.
- Map, research and analyze assigned territory to identify prospects for new business, qualify identified prospects to create sales opportunities.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech./B.Sc./B.B.A./B.B.S./B.A.)
- Minimum 2 years + (2- 6 years) in pre-sales, IT solutions selling with the ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Good working familiarity with CRM applications like Salesforce, sales & marketing apps like Groove, Veelo and Office suite of productivity applications like Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly self-motivated/committed with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of SaaS applications & underlying technologies, EdTech industry and the research & publishing environment
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.