Senior Software Engineer - ExamSoft (USA REMOTE)
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
MUST BE U.S. BASED
ExamSoft offers a market-leading assessment-management solution that supports the entire testing process, including exam creation, administration, delivery, scoring and analysis. The software delivers powerful, actionable data to assess learning outcomes. Examsoft is a growing company that hires smart and talented people who are excited about personal growth, the positive impact they have on education, and enjoy working in a challenging and fun work environment.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that’s working to digitally transform the ed-tech industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating high performing applications, Turnitin is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. ExamSoft has an inspiring mission, cutting-edge technologies, and in-house product development.
As a Senior Software Engineer at ExamSoft, you’ll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up, a highly flexible work environment, a culture of innovation, and most importantly other talented engineers, designers, and product managers to interact with and learn from.
- Make significant contributions implementing our shared services, as well as help maintain and upgrade existing ones.
- Hands-on position which requires 90-95% of writing code.
- Provide guidance in technical design and development activities.
- Ensure future success and stability through code reviews and automated testing.
- Work closely with software architects and database/operations engineers on system infrastructure and design.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years experience of designing and developing applications using Java
- Experience in more modern Java technologies
- 5-7 years of experience with relational databases
- 1+ year of cloud development with AWS preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Extensive experience with software development best practices (e.g. design patterns, test-driven development, code profiling, debugging).
- Effective technical and cross-functional communication (product, design, operations).
- High level knowledge and experience of industry trends and technology advancements relating to distributed systems, cloud, platform as a service, and software as a service.
- Experience in building cloud-ready solutions based on microservices and multi-tenancy architecture.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience with pure core Java development & performance tuning
- Experience with Cloud Native solutions preferably AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, etc)
- Extensive experience with different architecture types including event-driven architecture
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams including the USA & European countries
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
ExamSoft, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.