People Business Partner
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
The People Business Partner (PBP) Provides a strategic and hands-on partnership role that provides a broad range of HR services and support to our EMEA org, supporting people initiatives, business objectives and strategic goals.
The position serves as primary point person and consultant to Individual Contributors and Leaders on human resources related topics and issues. This position will also serve as a technical specialist advisor for specific countries or disciplines.
- Partners with Executives and Line managers to understand their key issues and organization needs/commercial needs and provide prudent, sound and purposeful HR advice and consultation on issues around people management, employee relations and organization effectiveness.
- Designs and drives strategic people policies and plans which deliver business objectives and challenges, including talent assessment, succession plans, DEI intentions etc. Utilises common and consistent company approaches where appropriate. Supports leaders in driving operational OKRs through their business area.
- Helps Leaders to drive continuous positive change within the organization to include adoption of new technologies, workflows, staffing models, and organization structures. Facilitates annual organisation design work with leaders.
- In close partnership with Finance, Reward and Talent Acquisition, deliver the annual manpower plan and talent needs, ensuring that roles are appropriately designed, budgeted and recruited in line with established plans and business need, and to ensure conformance to the hiring process. Stretches Hiring Manager thinking in relation to progressive DEI approach. Partners with Authorising new posts and salary ranges in liaison with the Director of Total Rewards/HRIS.
- Ensures that Tii people at all levels get accurate advice and guidance regarding all aspects of the employment relationship, enabling the right decisions to be made at the right time, in keeping with the core values/ spirit of the Company and it’s strategic aims.
- Develops effective open and enduring stakeholder relationships with Tii Leaders to assist the development and delivery of the strategic people agenda and link it meaningfully/ pragmatically at an operational level to business needs, providing personal coaching and guidance/development for our Leaders.
- Creates a positive team environment, in which direct and indirect and client group team members motivation is central to success, ensures the team is nurtured, coached, given regular meaningful feedback and proactively developed in order to achieve their potential and deliver their best work. Works closely with Tii teams to inspire innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensures all relevant contract documentation and innovative policies/ procedures/handbooks etc are in place to enable business needs in relation to employments (and self employed Contractors). And that all necessary administration is completed and compliant with local legal requirements.
- Partners with L&D team and Leaders to ensure the delivery of required corporate training and local learning events in an effective and efficient manner in keeping with global strategy and local needs.
- Partners closely with other People team members to review and analyze market for compensation purposes, considers industry best practices, trends, and internal feedback to develop programs to meet our business goals and drive employee engagement and satisfaction. Recommends and drives improvements to human resource policies, systems and processes, in partnership with People BP’s and Leadership.
- Supports the Global P&P team with any strategic projects required to develop the P&P service.
- Significant experience in Human Resources and Employee Relations
- International Exposure
- Strong employment law knowledge and ER compliance background
- Strong reward and compensation experience
- Demonstrated consulting skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.