Sales Development Representative, Higher Education
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
This position will be a remote role, based in the United States.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) for Integrity Solutions will prospect into higher- ed institutions where Turnitin’s products and services can be of benefit. This role is important for increasing the effectiveness and success of the Sales team. As a SDR, you will seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential and current customers. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until hand off to the account representative. You will also ensure proper hand-off, supplying the account representative with the quality details you gleaned from your customer conversations. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. This is a revenue generating position where you will share in the success of new customer acquisitions.
If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Follow up on all assigned incoming leads for qualification and nurturing
- Execute call plans using a variety of communication channels including social media, email and phone
- Create campaigns, and outbound prospecting into territories as directed to generate new leads
- Track lead to opportunity conversion, log/track progress of leads using both marketing and sales automation tools (Pardot/Salesforce.com)
- Schedule appointments and generate revenue opportunities by contacting current or prospective customers
- Analyze and prequality (for authority and need) based on mutual discovery and interests of potential customers to determine the appropriate products and introduce the lead to the sales rep for handoff
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified leads
- Become well-versed in the company’s products and services as well as the latest offerings, upcoming trainings and events, and other customer-facing opportunities and effectively communicate Turnitin’s products and services to prospective customers and final decision makers
- Project Turnitin’s core values to customers and the community
- Manage/report success on real measures of engagement with clients and prospects
- Develop personally and professionally through technical, competitive and sales skills knowledge
- Previous experience in instructional delivery or staff role within an educational institution
- 2+ years sales, or lead generation and development experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts clearly and have unstructured conversations without a script
- Clear and concise verbal and written communicator and comfortable speaking to various personas including instructors, department heads, academic technology roles, IT leaders, deans, vice presidents, and provosts
- Keen ability to maneuver past gatekeepers and move from influencers to decision makers
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter who can manage a variety of contacts systematically, qualifying them while building a greater understanding of the customer, knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Disciplined in documentation process
- Ability to excel in a collaborative environment and personality to fit team culture
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Have grit to drive success with passion and integrity
- Ability to occasionally travel outside of geographical territory for purposes of attending conferences, training sessions and/or area meetings
- French language skills a plus
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.