Product Marketing Manager, Gradescope (Remote USA)
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
The Team: Product Marketing
The Product Marketing team at Turnitin is curious, customer-centric, data-driven, and collaborative. We’re responsible for the global go-to-market strategy for Turnitin’s portfolio of academic integrity and assessment solutions. The team collaborates cross-functionally with product management, corporate marketing, regional marketing, and global sales to develop positioning and messaging, product assets, and sales enablement in support of product revenue and user engagement goals. The team is also responsible for competitive analysis and positioning.
The Product: Gradescope
Gradescope is an online assessment platform that enables instructors to grade everything in one place, including paper-based exams, online homework, and programming projects. We use cutting-edge technology and features like flexible auto graders and AI-assisted answer grouping to make grading faster and more equitable. Gradescope was acquired by Turnitin in 2018.
In addition to the Product Marketing team, the PMM for Gradescope will also fit nicely into the small, collaborative Gradescope team, a passionate group who care deeply about our users and work proactively to make and keep them happy. We value diversity in background and thought and know it is crucial to the success of our team. We are looking for someone who is a strong writer, a critical thinker, and an eager learner ready to tackle the challenges facing higher education in these changing times.
The Role: PMM for Gradescope
The Product Marketing Manager, Gradescope, will act as a subject matter expert on Gradescope and develop content and resources to support internal teams and elevate our customers’ voice. They will report into the Principal Product Marketing Manager, Gradescope and join a 6-person Product Marketing team.
- Craft core product positioning that differentiates our value from the competition and messaging that resonates with key markets and personas
- Collaborate with regional marketing to develop strategic campaigns and compelling assets that communicate the value of Gradescope, in support of retention and acquisition efforts
- Work with regional marketers to track and drive conversion of the global sales pipeline, in support of product revenue goals
- Contextualize Gradescope in the educational and competitive landscape and support sales through training and enablement, including internal tools and external collateral
- Plan and manage multi-channel product communications, including releases of new product features or enhancements, thought leadership, and global resources
- Build the trusted voice of our users. In additional to capturing and analyzing feedback, find new opportunities to improve their experience and promote their successes
- Develop industry expertise. Actively research assessment trends and share findings from the market
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (required)
- 3+ years marketing experience in higher education, in an edtech context preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work collaboratively and serve as the intersection between cross-functional departments
- Curious, customer-centric mindset and passion for making an impact on education
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.