Account Manager, Brazil
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
- Employees can work remotely
Turnitin is a global SaaS company dedicated to ensuring the integrity of education and research and supporting the development of original thinking skills. As the academic and research landscape evolves, Turnitin stays ahead of trends through advancements in technology and deep partnerships with education leaders, institutions, and practitioners. Turnitin’s proprietary content databases — built over 20 years — provide an unparalleled repository of 1+ billion student papers, best-in-class scholarly content from top publishers in every major discipline and in dozens of languages, and 70+ billion current and archived web pages. We promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all assignment types and subject areas so that educators can help students do their best, original work
We are looking for a high-performing Account Manager to help us meet our ambitious revenue growth objectives from both new customer acquisition and expansion within the Latin American region. You will be responsible for helping to develop and execute all key business development strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve your financial targets. In this role, you will manage a portfolio of customers in the Higher Education and K12 sector and will also develop new business in your assigned territory. Your objective is to manage the relationship with existing customers to help them achieve maximum value from our services. You will nurture and grow the depth of the relationship, branching out to different departments and different contacts inside the institution.
- Manage new business growth and contract renewals
- Build multi-threaded relationships and execute proactive account plans
- Identify opportunities for your customers to expand and increase the value they obtain from our services and define actions to develop these opportunities.
- Identify risks for your customers that could jeopardize the value they obtain from our services and define actions to mitigate these risks.
- Be creative and proactive in ways to communicate with your customers to make sure your portfolio is constantly informed of the capabilities that Turnitin can offer.
- Understand customer goals using Turnitin services and help them define a strategic plan with measurable goals to implement and drive user adoption in their institution.
- Document and keep track of client activity, notes, and next steps clearly in Salesforce.
- Ensure that accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are provided to your manager
- Understand and follow key educational trends and legislation in the territory and use this knowledge to identify opportunities for yourself and the wider team
- Most of the client interactions, sales and work will be done remotely (phone, email, and Zoom). Occasionally there will be clients visits in person, locally or involving travel.
- BA/BS degree required
- 4+ years of experience in inside sales, account/relationship management or similar role
- Curiosity and passion for learning are critical in this role.
- Be a good communicator, both verbal and written. Able to explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter and motivated passionate personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Be 100% fluent in English (Spanish fluency also preferred)
- Tech-savvy with strong technical aptitude and critical thinking skills
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.