Technical Support Specialist (part time 30 hours per week)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
30 hrs per week over 5 days Tuesday to Saturday 3.30 - 10pm - Salary of £17,000
You will play a critical role in the delivery of world-class client support and are responsible for responding to technical and non-technical customer queries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a technical or customer support background to expand our Product Specialist team. The successful candidate will possess very strong problem-solving and communication skills. They will thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and process the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is best suited for a self-starter who is comfortable working with internal and external customers.
- Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primarily email, (sometimes phone & live chat), ensuring problem resolution, system access, and optimal system performance.
- Coordinate closely with Engineering and Product Management on all product issues & releases
- Develop positive customer and cultural relations.
- Assist in the translation, maintenance, and updating of technical documentation associated with the product line.
- Support other strategic initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicant with experience working in a customer support role
- Fluent spoken/written English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, set priorities, work independently, and perform under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess excellent judgment.
- Familiarity wiith Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas or D2L
- Broad understanding of web technologies and Software as a Service (SasS)
- Pension and life assurance schemes
- Great working environment with an exciting team in an expanding company
- Gym membership contribution and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, childcare and parking/travel.
- Generous holiday with additional discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.