- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California, with international offices in Newcastle, Utrecht, Seoul, Melbourne, Noida and Mexico City.
Personal Assistant to the Regional Vice President / Management Assistant
Turnitin is seeking a Personal Assistant to play a vital support role in our Regional EMEA organisation. We are looking for an action-oriented person to be the personal assistant of our Regional Vice President. Besides arranging for full administrative support to the VP, this function, as ‘right hand’ of the VP, will be involved in all aspects of the organisation from preparation and coordination, through to the execution of various projects and responsibilities.
The Personal Assistant role varies widely, from supporting the Regional VP with organising appointments, submitting expense reports and booking travel, through to working directly with the Vice President on operational processes and strategy development and execution. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage, coordinate and maintain the calendar of RVP including appointments, meetings and travel.
- Responsible for organising internal and external meetings on behalf of the RVP ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Provide executive and administrative support to RVP.
- Responsible for organising RVP travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, car rental, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses.
- Attend operational meetings, representing the Regional VP, and channeling decision requirements between the Regional VP, his team, and other operational teams.
- Follow up outputs from meetings at the RVP’s direction, and ensuring things are closed out and complete
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications (including complaints) to RVP’s office including phone calls, emails, ensuring correct department distribution.
- Secretarial support for meetings as and when required by the RVP, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments. Writing and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Coordinate travel itinerary for the EMEA regional organization
- Organising & facilitating events for the EMEA regional organization, both internal and external, working in partnership with the People & Places team, and Regional Marketing team
- Prepare, coordinate and/or execute a variety of operational/ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
- Drafting and writing high quality reports and presentations, as required by the RVP.
- Support the EMEA Management team as directed by the RVP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of CRM systems, specifically SalesForce
- Commercial awareness and understanding, in order to identify and exploit market opportunities in the ed sector
- Proactive, self-starting and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Service oriented personality
- Experience working with teams distributed over different locations
- Project Management qualification
- Language skills
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Gym reimbursement, flexible working
- Opportunity to travel internationally
We ask that recruitment agencies do not forward unsolicited CVs to any of the roles advertised on our website. If and when assistance is required our recruitment team will contact agencies directly. Turnitin does not pay fees to any agency we do not have agreed terms with.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status