Manager, People Operations and Administration
- Oakland, CA, USA
Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
We are extending our commitment to academic integrity beyond plagiarism detection by creating transformational tools that also help educators streamline grading and feedback and effectively engage students in learning.
The Oakland office is the hub of where the magic happens at Turnitin. You will be a vital member of the People & Places team: supporting a self sufficient CEO and members of the executive team, while overseeing the US Admin team (currently 3 people). You will help drive world-class support of our executives and lead the team that ensures our amazing office culture.
What you will do:
- Provide high level professional, executive support to the CEO and other senior executives
- Lead the administrative team, setting the tone and structure for the admin team
- Manage calendars, prioritizing meeting requests with internal and external groups, and ensuring connectivity of remote participants without delays.
- Coordinate complex business travel arrangements both domestically and internationally
- Manage real estate leases and office management
- Exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive and confidential matters.
- Understand the organization and know how to get things done.
- 8+ years experience supporting a senior business leader or c-level executive
- Worked in management and / or leading other support professionals
- Have managed real estate leases in prior roles
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Great written and verbal communication skills with client focused etiquette
- Proficiency with Google Suite & Microsoft Office
- Advanced time management, analytical, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a proactive, independent thinker
- Good judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with executives, peers, team members and external parties
- Driven by a service oriented mind-set in a highly collaborative environment
- Results driven, self-starter and problem solver who finds a way to make things happen.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to adapt to changing project demands
- Mature, polished and professional presence and disposition, punctual, dependable and reliable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and interface with all levels of personnel
No agency submissions
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.