Senior Software Engineer
- Oakland, CA, USA
Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea and Melbourne, Australia.
Turnitin is creating brand new systems and services to help advance learning abilities and ensure academic integrity for our K-12 and Higher Education students across the world. This is an opportunity to work with the latest machine learning and deep learning technologies on an exciting project that includes building out a PaaS with common application and technology services, running on AWS in multiple geographies.
- Be part of the Platform team delivering common technology services for a micro service based architecture, such as container management, service discovery, routing, distributed tracing, Java diagnostics including agent development.
- Participate in designing SSO integration projects with other standard based Identity Providers such as SAML (OKTA, Shibboleth etc.), OAuth2, LDAP and ADFS.
- Participate in agile development process. Work closely with other Application development teams, Product Management, Project Management Office, DevOps, DBOPS, and APPOPS organizations
- Support existing platform services and improve the quality of the current codebase
- Mentor other junior technical team members
- Innovate, drive, and define high impact platform services via research and adoption of relevant technologies, including IP work
- 3+ years experiences working as a senior engineer in the platform and technology area in a SaaS company
- 5+ years experience writing production level web/SaaS applications with various Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Hibernate, Spring MVC). Spring Security is a plus but not essential
- 5+ years experience in object oriented design and programming with expert knowledge of distributed systems, microservices, concurrency, Web services, SQL and no-SQL databases, and internet scalability
- Experience in designing RESTful APIs and single page applications
- Working experience with GIT, maven or gradle build system
- Experience with container and container management technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, ELA/ELB
- Demonstrable knowledge and development experiences involving latest security technologies, architecture, flows and standards, e.g. SAML, OAuth, JWT
- Detailed knowledge of HTTP, JVM internals, monitoring and alerts
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status.
Please send your application in English