Senior Construction Project Manager
- Department: Real Estate
From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
In November 2021, CBRE acquired controlling ownership interest in Turner & Townsend forming a strategic partnership between the firms. Effective January 1, 2023, CBRE Heery, formerly operating under CBRE, will now operate as a subsidiary of Turner & Townsend Inc. Starting April 1, 2023, the Heery team will operate in the US market as “Turner & Townsend Heery”.
Turner & Townsend Heery are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager responsible for managing large-scale construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience in cultural projects including performing arts facilities, the construction market, be a self-starter, and able to take initiative and drive activities with limited oversight.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilizing Financial system to monitor a project’s financial status.
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan.
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques.
- Managing the change control process.
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and client, through regular meetings and written communications.
- Preparing formal project budget progress and other reports.
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards.
- Working to construct proposals for new work or variations for existing projects.
- Identifying opportunities to improve Project Management procedures, templates and products referring ideas to the appropriate line manager.
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues.
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilized throughout project.
- General line management responsibilities (where appropriate) are effectively discharged.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and independently manage / own multiple projects.
- Ability to advise at a strategic level during the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives.
- Great time management skills. Ensure that project is managed to the right quality standards, completed efficiently and on time.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients and cross-functional team members.
- Experienced working as an effective team member within the context of delivering a specific commission.
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross-selling opportunities, are identified.
- Ability / willingness to work onsite when required.
Education / Experience:
- Demonstrated experience working in Project Management within the construction industry on large-scale ground up projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to be highly effective in a client facing role.
- College degree in Construction Management or a related filed, and PMP/CCM certification.
- Membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Experienced managing demanding stakeholders and work stream managers.
- Cultural and performing arts facilities experience highly preferred.
- Experience working in the USA.
*On-site presence and requirements may change depending on our client's needs*
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.