Project Controls Manager (Life Sciences/Pharma/Data Centres)
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend are leaders in professional services to the Industrial, Sciences and Technology sector (IST) including clients who specialise in Life Sciences, Pharma, R&D facilities, Data Centres, Industrial, Manufacturing, Distribution & Logistics sectors globally.
As an experienced Project Controls Specialist you will work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to plan, develop and execute construction schedules.
The ideal candidate should have an excellent understanding of scheduling best practices, resource & cost loaded scheduling, overall construction project controls as well as the interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with the internal stakeholders of the project team on a daily basis.
The Planner will take responsibility for end to end service delivery ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added service.
- Coordinate and lead planning sessions and workshops with clients and vendors to compile the master project/programme schedule, agreeing baselines and a critical path.
- Regular travel to construction site is expected.
- Effectively work with Stakeholders, Clients, Contractors and Sub Contractors on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain a detailed construction program schedule using Primavera P6 and Tableau for multi-project environments.
- Ensure that schedule related data from vendors, suppliers, engineering and construction contractors of actual projects is provided as feedback into the planning and scheduling systems.
- Implement Project Planning & Scheduling strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both Company and contractor roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Actively work with project managers, construction firms and subcontractor firms as necessary to maintain schedule integrity.
- Provide interface and quality assurance to Project functional groups and contractors regarding the tracking and reporting of schedule performance.
- Ability to coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required.
- Prepare and update progress reports as required by the client, including the Integrated Planning / Scheduling contribution to the monthly project report and specific reports / presentations.
- Produce high level and 1, 3, 6 month look ahead from P6 for reporting.
- Perform probabilistic analysis on integrated schedules and contractor schedules.
- Actively monitor and communicate any possible project issues that could delay the schedule.
- Conduct the required project schedule analysis, critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis for the project as a whole.
- Analyse deviations from the baseline in the Project Master schedule highlighting bottlenecks / delays and propose corrective actions, and highlight the overall schedule impact of any variance / change order.
- Proven experience as a Planner in manufacturing/construction projects with a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to determine corrective actions or recommendations based on facts and figures and critically evaluating information and data from various sources.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and Primavera P6
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent service.
- Reliable with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and ability to meet project deadlines as necessary.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.