Senior Project Manager/Associate Director - Brownfield and Greenfield Life sciences project
Who is Turner & Townsend?
All over the world people are using buildings, infrastructure, and assets we helped to deliver. It could be the hospital they work in, the railway they travel on every day, the fuel that powers their car or the data centre they depend on at work. For more than 75 years we’ve been helping to deliver transformational programmes across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors, making a difference to people’s lives and ensuring a return on investment for our clients and their investors.
Transforming performance for a green, inclusive, and productive world.
The world is changing and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it. Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us. We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 75 years.
Love a challenge: We love a challenge and we work hard to make change happen and see things through. We don’t stand still, challenging ourselves and others to do better every day. And we are trusted to do the right thing, raising standards all the time.
Stronger together: We’re stronger together by connecting people in diverse teams, so that we can all collaborate to deliver our best work. We focus on what matters and use our influence to build a better world for everyone.
Bring out the best in everyone: We bring out the best in everyone. We help each other to make the most of our potential, always learning from our experience. We treat each other with care and respect and make time to give everyone a voice
- Act as the project lead and interface between the client’s construction / project / design consultant / management team, country management team and the client’s critical facilities team; manage the timeliness and quality of activities, deliverables and outputs in relation to the projects and its contributing suppliers.
- Support the consultants actively and participate in the activity or production of the deliverables to achieve time and quality objectives.
- Implement an established program controls approach that is flexible, effective, efficient, and responsive to stakeholders as well as executive leadership reporting needs.
- Manage high tech construction (clean room environment) and delivery organization for projects and scope at program level related to construction projects or improvement projects in existing facilities, utilizing internal and outsourced resources.
- Oversee the development of project plans, basis of design, detail design, construction, successful commissioning, close out, and transfer to operations, ensuring safety, cost, schedule, quality goals, and customer demands are being met.
- Collaborate with the Design and Construction team; develop and implement regional and local construction methodology.
- Develop and implement a vendor management program to measure and track external service provider performance.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve program goals for the project; encourage teams to drive safety culture and processes
- Construction related degree (e.g. Project Management, Construction Management, Design, Engineering, etc) or equivalent
- Professional accreditations and associations such as PMI/PMP preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience of construction and project management related experience in industrial, science and technology projects in particular life sciences.
- Have worked on behalf of and represented international clients
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Track record working in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines, working proactively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Competent using Microsoft suite of software including Project, Office, SharePoint, Teams, etc
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.