Commercial Manager - Defence
- London, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
The world is changing, and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it.
Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments, and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us.
We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors.
Due to continued demand across a number defence projects we have a number of opportunities and are currently seeking applications from Commercial Managers, at all levels, who are interested in working in the Defence Sector. We are supporting a number of clients to deliver a range of high value, critical defence projects and programmes across the UK. An example of this is where Turner & Townsend is a Programme Delivery Partner and Commercial Delivery Partner across a £14bn annual programme of expenditure to deliver critical UK assets.
As one of Turner & Townsend’s Commercial Managers your role could include, Sourcing strategies, Procurement, Contract Management, Stakeholder Management, Contract Management Disposals and Corporate activities.
Along with strong core commercial management experience across a broad range of sectors and projects, we are seeking candidates who have extensive Category Management and Digital/ICT commercial experience.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
- Leading and assisting with development of contract sourcing and commercial strategies that reflect the needs of the business
- Owning and assisting pre-sourcing market analysis
- Heading-up and assisting with development of business cases for approval
- Managing and assisting with the preparation of bidders pack for purchasing and procurements, and with issue and evaluation of tenders
- Monitoring supplier performance against KPI’s, to deliver successful outcomes (times, cost, performance)
- Undertake pricing reviews and evaluation of contractor bids and submissions
- Conducting peer contract assurance prior to internal approvals, ensuring the correct commercial policy has been implemented and assessing the commercial decisions made and the level of risk to the Department in progressing to contract award
- Carrying out Contract Management and overseeing the creation of Commercial flies and audit trails by the Commercial Assistants
- Experience of either Procurement, Contract Management or Contract Placement (Sourcing)
- Proven commercial management experience
- A strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong people and management skills
- Ability to quickly pick up new tasks and use own initiative
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Single source/direct award procurements
UK Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- A degree in Project Management, Commercial Management, Business Law or similar
- Hold a minimum of CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma
Other essential requirements:
Owing to the sensitive nature of the works involved in these specialist defence projects, candidates will be required to hold, or be able to hold, valid security clearance (SC) and in order to do so will need to be:
• British Nationals
• Hold a UK Passport (sole)
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.