Senior Quantity Surveyor - Rail
- London, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
The world is changing, and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it.
Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments, and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us.
We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors.
We are currently seeking a personable, enthusiastic, and energetic Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our rail cost management team, to support our continuing growth and make the difference to both our business and to UK infrastructure.
We have grown year on year since 2007 and are continuing to flourish. We are a great team and have a unique offering; from supporting the development of government strategy to on site project delivery, and in this exciting setting we are able to provide a wealth of varied opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic and nurturing environment.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor within our UK Infrastructure business working on a variety of client and Turner & Townsend rail projects and initiatives.
- Establishing friendly, professional and appropriate relationships with clients, colleagues and other parties involved in the projects and programmes we support.
- Administering a variety of contracts in accordance with project objectives and policies.
- Providing accurate project cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting to completion in line with budget.
- Pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance and contract cash flow, and ensuring that applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with client and contractor teams to manage the delivery of project deliverables, KPIs, and objectives, including programme performance, cost control, and value engineering.
- Managing contract change effectively, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets
- Proactively providing sound commercial knowledge and support to all stakeholders
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Leading people and commissions as needed
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
- Excellent communication
- Contract Management (NEC3, Option C preferred)
- Cost Management
- Change management and control
- Risk Management
- Collaborative approach and best-for-project attitude
- Sharing best practice
- People management
- Commission management
- Identifying and driving efficiencies and improvements through the project lifecycle
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Ideally Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Ideally hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.