Senior Quantity Surveyor (Private Sector-financial client focus)
- Hong Kong
Overview: To support the set-up and delivery of retail projects and programmes from initial feasibility stage through to design, procurement, construction, and successful handover. You will be a project manager representing the end user client, taking the proactive actions in managing and coordinating all stakeholders, consultants, contractors, and suppliers. Individual project values up to US$6m and over.
Location: Hong Kong
Who is Turner & Townsend?
All over the world people are using buildings, infrastructure, and assets we helped to deliver. It could be the hospital they work in, the railway they travel on every day, the fuel that powers their car or the data centre they depend on at work. For more than 75 years we’ve been helping to deliver transformational programmes across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors, making a difference to people’s lives and ensuring a return on investment for our clients and their investors.
Transforming performance for a green, inclusive, and productive world.
The world is changing and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it. Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us. We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 75 years.
Love a challenge: We love a challenge and we work hard to make change happen and see things through. We don’t stand still, challenging ourselves and others to do better every day. And we are trusted to do the right thing, raising standards all the time.
Stronger together: We’re stronger together by connecting people in diverse teams, so that we can all collaborate to deliver our best work. We focus on what matters and use our influence to build a better world for everyone.
Bring out the best in everyone: We bring out the best in everyone. We help each other to make the most of our potential, always learning from our experience. We treat each other with care and respect and make time to give everyone a voice.
- Assisting on feasibility studies and the writing of procurement strategy reports
- Ability to lead pre and post contract management on Office and Retail related fitting-out and/or A&A projects
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Responsibility for carrying out cost checks and valuations on multiple projects and ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation take place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering. Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Identifying ways in which cost management procedures, templates and products can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the internal database
- Financial management – Keeping track of the ongoing time on projects relative to our contract and agreed deliverables
- Process improvement – Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the related field Mechanical and Electrical work related experience is an advantage.
- Experience from consultancy background in the private sector is preferred.
- RICS/HKIS is preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience across the full range of Cost Management duties including : Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, Tendering and Evaluation, Contract Knowledge, Variation management and Final Account close-out
- Team player with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiation, influence and collaborate with others in an integrated team environment
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/