Digital Content Manager
- London, UK
- Department: Business support
The world is changing, and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it.
Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments, and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us.
We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors.
As a leading independent professional services company operating in the construction and built environment industry, Turner & Townsend has a global reach of 112 offices in 46 countries. The Global Business Generation (GBG) team, based in the UK, are the custodians and drivers of best practice and expertise across all aspects of marketing and business development: brand and comms, digital and social media, winning bids and key client management.
The GBG team is refreshing its strategy and approach. There is real energy and enthusiasm to make an impact, as experts in our field. This will require us to ask difficult questions at times and be resilient in a fast-paced environment. The team is closely aligned to the company’s leadership and collaborate daily with regional business generation colleagues, based globally.
We are now looking for an experienced Digital Content Manager to lead on digital content publishing and management and drive audience engagement across our digital channels. The duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, and excellent content marketing skills are vital. In return, the role offers an opportunity for the right individual to make a real impact.
You'll have extensive experience working in a B2B environment and have an excellent grasp of digital content and campaigns, with an audience-centric approach. You will be responsible for content on our external digital channels, and the role will involve working across our sectors and regions to develop stories and create compelling content for web, social media and email that drives audience engagement.
Excellent writing and content management skills are essential, while strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload, and stakeholder management skills are also key.
- Create and manage website content throughout its lifecycle, collaborating with the Marcomms team and other content owners as necessary
- Publish content to the website following agreed approval processes, ensuring it is formatted for web, optimised for search and tailored to the target audience
- Contribute to delivery of a major web project to refresh the Turner & Townsend website and upgrade the content management system (CMS)
- Write engaging original copy for a variety of digital channels including website, social media and email
- Working with the Global Content and Campaigns Lead, originate, plan and execute integrated campaigns to support business generation objectives
- Manage a network of agencies and content creators to deliver compelling digital content in a variety of formats
- Report on and analyse digital content performance and make recommendations to enhance content and campaigns
- Working with the Digital Manager, plan and deliver a roadmap of future website and CMS improvements
- Improve the efficiency of content processes and projects
- Contribute to content strategy development and planning
- Manage stakeholders to ensure digital content is prepared and ready ahead of its deadline
- Support and upskill stakeholders across the business on digital content and marketing platforms
- Proven experience in content management and marketing
- Demonstrable experience creating and managing digital content
- Experience commissioning and producing content for digital channels
- Experience developing content briefs and delivering targeted content plans, using calendars and other scheduling tools
- Extensive experience of web publishing and CMS (ideally Umbraco)
- Excellent understanding of search engine optimisation and related tools
- Experience with social media management platforms (ideally Sprout Social) and email marketing platforms (ideally Dotdigital)
- Familiarity with digital production software including Photoshop
- A strong understanding of digital analytics, setting KPIs and targets, analysing performance and optimising campaigns based on insights
- Excellent spoken and written English language ability, to native standard and demonstrable experience in creating clear and persuasive copy
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading ability
- Capable of managing and prioritising a large workload
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
- Develops productive relationships with other teams globally in different cultures
- Demonstrates confidence, diplomacy and credibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player - working closely with other functions plus external agencies and teams to achieve the best results
- A proactive approach with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills
- First-rate time management skills with ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure.
We have a hybrid approach supporting work life balance, both working from home and meeting in the Birmingham office once or twice a week or engaging at client sites as per project requirements.
Given the current client and team structures, it is preferred for candidates to meet in the Birmingham office once or twice a week although applicants who are based elsewhere will still be considered. Our wider office locations include London, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive, and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance. Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.