Design Project Director – Infrastructure
- Houston, TX, USA
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in 112 offices in 46 countries.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend is looking for a Design Project Director to join our Houston office. This role will be a member of the management team and will primarily be responsible to support our major Aviation client in driving growth and profitability of the business unit through leadership, new business development, client management and service delivery.
The ideal candidate is experienced in Design/Architecture/Civil with relatable experience working on large-scale Aviation projects.
- Work with General Contractor (GC) and Architect/ Engineer (AE) to create and establish the Master Project Schedule.
- Coordinate Design Team activities.
- Ensure AE is effectively delivering against the City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
- Manage design assignments for every design package, whether performed in-house or contracted out, holding to approved scope, budget, schedule and quality.
- Manage compliance with all applicable codes and standards for the ITRP.
- Provide oversight and ensure compliance with all relevant Codes for the ITRP.
- Establish CADD and BIM framework, environment, policy and procedures.
- Develop the Design Management guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Establish constructability review guidelines and protocols. Approve constructability review recommendations.
- Develop program guidelines and protocols for cost reduction initiatives. Review project level cost reduction recommendations.
- Develop ITRP sustainability program guidelines, practices and protocols. Approve project level sustainability recommendations.
- Approve project level operability and maintainability recommendations.
- Review project level diversity recommendations.
- Review design progress and approve recovery plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering discipline
- Minimum fifteen (15) years demonstrated experience in Design Management on capital programs
- Worked on design projects of $25 million or greater as Design Manager
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-discipline design teams
- Demonstrated experience in establishing design management protocols and guidelines
- Proven track record of managing designs to meet design budgets and construction budgets
- Demonstrated experience in developing and ensuring compliance to design standards
- Proven track record of managing architects, engineers and special system vendors and integrators
- Demonstrated experience in delivering major capital design projects successfully (on budget, on time, meeting safety and quality standards within approved scope)
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communications
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.