Project Director – Infrastructure
- Houston, TX, USA
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in 112 offices in 46 countries.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend is looking for a Construction Project Director to join our Houston office. This role will be a member of the management team and will primarily be responsible to support our major Aviation client in driving growth and profitability of the business unit through leadership, new business development, client management and service delivery.
- Establish constructability review guidelines and protocols. Approve constructability review recommendations.
- Approve project level operability and maintainability recommendations.
- Manage construction assignments for every construction project, holding to approved scope, budget, schedule and quality.
- Approve project level safety recommendations and corrective actions.
- Establish the program level framework for Construction Quality Control.
- Approve quality recommendations and corrective actions. Approve project level Quality Assurance plans.
- Coordinate at a program level with authorizing agencies regarding required ITRP permitting.
- Develop overall Program Site Logistics and Phasing Strategy. Approve Logistics and Phasing recommendations.
- Develop the Construction Management guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Review construction progress and approve recovery plans.
- Review the claims resolutions recommendations.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to achieve consent. Review all Beneficial Use recommendations.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification, Program Management certification preferred
- Experience managing an integrated team on large complex and multi-phase capital programs consisting of multiple project elements
- Knowledge of multiple project delivery methods
- Proven track record of leading programs of $1 billion or greater
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership of a team in an integrated project delivery organization
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating multi-million dollar contracts as part of a multi-billion dollar program
- Proven track record of following through on commitments
- Demonstrated experience in delivering major capital programs successfully (on budget, on time, meeting safety and quality standards within approved scope)
- Proven track record of partnering and issues resolution
- Demonstrated excellent communications, presentation and written skills
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (MS or MBA preferred)
- Minimum of (15) years of demonstrated capital program leadership experience
- Worked on complex, multi-phase, capital construction projects of $250 million or greater as Construction Manager
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.