Senior Project Manager - Education/Government
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 112 offices worldwide.
As a Senior Project Manager with Turner & Townsend you must be capable to lead projects, have a commercial focus and balance working across multiple projects. The position will require someone who has worked on Tertiary/Education and Government projects.
At Turner & Townsend we have a range of strengths and skillsets amongst our project managers. We would encourage applicants to apply even if they may not meet all criteria – as we are able to complement and support growth within our team environment.
- Drive business outcomes alongside project outcomes
- Lead and manage complex multi-site projects and programs as the key client interface
- Confident in managing complex and diverse stakeholder relationships
- Developing working relationships, problem solving and driving projects to successful completion
- Managing multiple project budgets and advising on options to keep budget on track
- Managing the project delivery process across multiple projects and programmes to achieve the client's requirements and manage expectations
- Reviewing project plans and specifications, scheduling, costs saving measures, discrepancies, potential construction problems, etc.
- Managing project timelines, risks and reporting
- Chairing project meetings with clients and consultants
- Analysing and defining future programme and portfolio strategies
- Being engaged with marketing and business development initiatives
- A recognised Degree or equivalent qualification relating to a technical field: Construction Management or Project Management, Engineering, Cost Management
- 7 + years Project Management experience (consultancy or client side preferred)
- Experience working across Education and Government projects
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- ·Advanced Microsoft skills are essential and Primavera skills will be highly regarded
- Technical ability to lead and manage complex projects and programs as the key client interface
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your client
- Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive, and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance. We also encourage our staff to strive to ‘make a difference’ and become involved in various working committees and forums (for example, Inclusion Working Group, Social & Wellness, Learning & Development, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Net Zero Vision).
At Turner & Townsend we offer a competitive remuneration package and company benefits which include gym membership allowance, generous employee scheme, parental leave, social events, employee assistance program, flu vaccinations, discounted private health insurance, health and wellbeing assessments, purchasing annual leave, family support scheme.
Turner & Townsend value greatly and have a focus on Corporate Responsibilities (CR), this includes a day’s leave entitlement to support a local charity or community activity along with the opportunity to participate in several office events that held throughout the year.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/.