Senior Cost Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 112 offices worldwide.
Our Cost Management Division requires an experienced Senior Cost Manager to join our Melbourne based team. You will be working within a friendly, professional and supportive team and reporting to our Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work across various sectors including government, commercial, education, retail, health and industrial to further your career and join a quality driven organisation.
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Work effectively as part of a cost management team, to ensure that all deliverables are met.
- Cost planning and cost estimating duties.
- Measurement of quantities based on design drawings.
- Responsible for pre- and post-contract quantity surveying duties
- A recognised Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
- MAIQS / MRICS certification advantageous.
- Experience working in the education sector advantageous.
- Consultancy environment work experience desirable.
- Proficient in the use of CostX.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and resilience to deal with a fast paced environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive, and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance. We also encourage our staff to strive to ‘make a difference’ and become involved in various working committees and forums (for example, Inclusion Working Group, Social & Wellness, Learning & Development, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Net Zero Vision).
At Turner & Townsend we offer a competitive remuneration package and company benefits which include gym membership allowance, generous employee scheme, parental leave, social events, employee assistance program, flu vaccinations, discounted private health insurance, health and wellbeing assessments, purchasing annual leave, family support scheme.
Turner & Townsend value greatly and have a focus on Corporate Responsibilities (CR), this includes a day’s leave entitlement to support a local charity or community activity along with the opportunity to participate in several office events that held throughout the year.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/.