Associate Director - Education
- London, UK
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a commercially astute Associate Director with experience of delivering construction programmes and projects in the Education sector, to join our London team. With the opportunity to lead large scale programmes and actively contributing to business development and work winning, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and driven manager. This is an opportunity to take the lead and grow a successful career within our market leading Health and Education Division.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time, to budget and to the appropriate quality standards.
- To lead major programmes for our schools, higher education and further education clients.
- To identify and develop opportunities in the marketplace.
- Associate Directors handle commissions of varying sizes depending upon the complexity of the project. Typically, projects fall within the £20m to £70m range
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for projects; including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Leading small teams on programme delivery within the sector
- Fulfilling line management duties for team members (3/4 people)
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout programmes and projects
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Supporting the growth of the team by developing resources
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Contributing and advising on project finances
- Managing the flow of programme and project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Marketing, business development and internal management will also be key accountabilities of this role.
- An Associate Director is likely to report to a Director
- A proven track record of delivering high quality project management services across the full project lifecycle
- Professionally qualified at post-graduate level (must be an internationally recognised project management qualification)
- Degree qualified
- Experience in Education projects
- Commercially astute
- Experience leading projects ranging between £20m to £70m
- Experience in public and private client facing roles
- Experience in commercial negotiation and contract preparation
- Experience bidding for education related schemes
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/