Senior Cost Manager - Commercial
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients, Turner & Townsend's Cost Management division is recruiting for a Senior Cost Manager in Sydney.
Working within friendly, professional and highly successful teams and reporting to the relevant regional Director, you will work across various projects.
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally
- Responsible for pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc
- Completing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stage
- A recognised Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- MRICS / AIQS accreditation ideal
- Relevant work experience, ideally in a consultancy environment
- Proficient in the use of CostX advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.