Assistant Cost Manager
- Shanghai, China
- Department: Real Estate
We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we’re experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.
Assistant Cost Managers assist on a wide range of projects of all sizes and dimensions. In addition, an Assistant Cost Manager may perform the role of Commission Manager (supervised by a more senior person) on smaller, less complex projects.
- Conducting background research, data collection and benchmarking
- Estimating and producing cost plans
- Compiling and amending the tender list
- Drafting the procurement documentation
- Checking and analysing the tenders
- Drafting the tender report
- Dealing with variations and the change control processes, negotiating less financially significant or complex matters
- Conducting cost checks and valuations
- Drafting monthly reports
- Analysing the numbers for the final accounts
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc.
- Preparing presentation materials for client pitches, etc.
- Inputting key information into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Bachelor or above in cost management
- 5+years CAS/Fit-out/MEP background ideally
- Strong technique skills
- Proficient Glodon skills
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Preferably foreign/local QS firm experience
- Good written and spoken English and/ or Chinese Proficient in Mandarin would be preferable.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/