MEP Cost Manager
- Shanghai, China
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an MEP Cost Manager in Shanghai office, supporting our clients deliver projects and programmes across a variety of sectors.
The position will be strong technique support to lead QS in the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) specific deliverables within a larger project or leading direct MEP commissions, such as asset upgrade works.
The individual must be self-motivated and Client facing (both internal & external) with the ability to manage medium scale projects and clients. This will involve establishing early budgets, early estimating, and cost planning, managing a design team to the budget, tendering and procurement (single and two stage) and post contract reporting to the Client.
A good knowledge of MEP systems and supply chain is fundamental with the ability to work both collaboratively but robustly with any main contractor and their MEP supply chain.
The successful candidate will be expected to mentor colleagues, help develop and advance our MEP digital systems & tools, promote MEP within Turner & Townsend and engage with the MEP community (engineers, contractors, manufacturers etc)
Commission Management, to include the following, either as part of a larger project or leading an MEP direct commission:
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan to internal & external clients
- Tendering (single and two stage) and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, supervise and train ACM for technique skills improvement
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree or above in cost management related major
- A proven track record of delivering high quality cost management/quantity surveying services across the full project lifecycle
- Professionally qualified (RICS or similar)
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritise more than one project at a time.
- Experience in delivering MEP elements of work for clients
- Utilising digital software for delivery of cost management services
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Excellent people person and great communicator, both client facing and team based
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/