Bid and business development advisor - ANZ
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Department: Business support
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 112 offices and 47 countries worldwide.
Turner & Townsend ANZ has seen significant growth over the past 5 years and has ambitious plans to continue growing and achieving outcomes for our clients. We are seeking an experienced bid and business development professional who is motivated, organised and who have previous knowledge in the built environment and natural resources sector. Role requirements include managing positioning and pursuit planning activities and undertaking a central role in the development of bids (up to multi-million-dollar contracts).
The successful candidate will be experienced in enabling professional services teams to translate strategic vision to targeted actions, driving pursuit planning and liaising with key contributors from across the organisation to create tailored, innovative and compliant bid responses in line with deadlines.
- Provide structured and proactive support to Directors and teams to prepare for future bids by equipping client teams to position, demonstrate value and understand future opportunities.
- Analyse, interpret and share relevant market, industry and client information to relevant stakeholders
- Project manage and support development of collateral to demonstrate value or support positioning activities
- Work with the Marketing Manager and ANZ Business Development team to incorporate marketing, campaigns and other activities into pursuit planning.
- Analyse, coordinate, write and develop comprehensive PQQ/RFT/RFP response’s incorporating the requirements of the commissioned specification, within strict timescales
- Facilitate strategic pursuit planning and bid forums including win theme development, storyboarding and bid feedback/lessons learnt.
- Incorporate local knowledge, evidence/research and writing style/branding in bids to ensure the bid is targeted to defined audience
- Project manage and incorporate input from bid partners, directors, technical experts and wider team as necessary, to ensure a consistent and coherent final bid against scoring criteria
- Provide structured format and text for others contributing to bid. Quality assure and provide peer review function of another writer’s work.
- Review and amend draft bid considering feedback from Peers, Directors and Bid Manager.
- Ensure bid is submitted for review for internal quality assurance and governance processes
- Attend conferences and events where appropriate
- Work flexibly across the organisation to support Directors dependent on tender activity to ensure a unified and consistent approach to bids
- Following submission of bid, extract key information from tender and manage information in-line with information management processes and following internal feedback analysis processes
- Provide best practice training on best practice bid process, structure and quality
- Support Business Development with any other activity as required
- Currently be based in Australia with full working rights.
- Experience of writing successful bid submissions
- Project Management or Bid Management previous work experience
- Experience of supporting Directors and technical teams to position for leads and opportunities.
- Strong MS Office Skills and IT Literacy
- Proof reading skills with a keen eye for accuracy and detail, including ensuring bid compliance
- Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Capacity to travel with occasional overnight stays
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing and ability to foster credible collaborative relationships
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post
- Team player who is willing to adapt to changing priorities of the business
- Contribute openly to the team with innovations and ideas to ensure the success and development of the company
- Relevant degree in an Engineering discipline or Business, Marketing, English (list not exhaustive)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the Real Estate/Infrastructure/Construction sector (an advantage but not essential)
- A confirmed working history that demonstrates excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving abilities
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/