Senior Cost Manager - MEP
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an MEP Senior Cost Manager, to join our busy Real Estate team in our Sydney office, supporting our clients to deliver projects and programmes across a variety of sectors.
The position will be to lead on the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) specific deliverables within a larger project or leading direct MEP commissions, such as asset upgrade works.
The individual must be self-motivated and Client facing (both internal & external) with the ability to manage multiple projects and clients. This will involve establishing early budgets, early estimating, and cost planning, managing a design team to the budget, tendering and procurement and post contract reporting to the Client.
A good knowledge of MEP systems and supply chain is fundamental with the ability to work both collaboratively but robustly with any main contractor and their MEP supply chain.
Commission Management, to include the following, either as part of a larger project or leading an MEP direct commission:
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan to internal & external clients
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
Experience and Skills:
- A proven track record of delivering high quality cost management/quantity surveying services across the full project lifecycle
- Professionally qualified (RICS or similar) or working towards
- Experience in delivering MEP elements of work for clients
- Knowledge & contacts within the MEP supply chain (tier 1 and below)
- Utilising digital software for delivery of cost management services
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Excellent people person and great communicator, both client facing and team based
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/