Cost Manager - Education
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients, Turner & Townsend's Cost Management division in Sydney requires an experienced Cost Manager to join our expanding Education sector business unit.
Working within a friendly, professional and highly successful team and reporting to the Director you will have the opportunity to work on key projects in Sydney and progress your career.
- Lead key projects to help grow our Education sector
- Manage an internal team to ensure deliverables and priorities are met.
- Take personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Deliver quality service to clients including managing priorities and deliverables.
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Take responsibility for your own deliverables and ensure all commitments are completed
- A recognised Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management desired.
- MRICS or MAIQS accreditation required.
- Experience in the retail sector or working on programmes of work providing cost management services essential.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage a team.
- Good user knowledge of software systems such as CostX.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills
Turner and Townsend is a world leading organisation where you will be given the opportunity to further develop your Quantity Surveying, Cost Management and business development skills in the delivery of some of the region's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/