Cost Manager / Senior Cost Manager - Construction Projects (Life Sciences / Pharma / Biotech)
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are seeking applications from an experienced Cost Manager or Senior Cost Manager with experience in working on major construction projects for the Pharmaceuticals or Biotech sector.
- Pre and post-contract duties including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc.
- Completing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procurement activity, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preliminaries, tender analysis, tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Taking responsibility for timely and accurate cost checks and valuations
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Perform cost risk analysis and provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts
- Maintain central feedback and learning on cost estimating from prospects and projects and contribute to updating of best practices in estimating
- DUTCH language skills advantageous
- Technical knowledge of Life Sciences, Pharma, Biotech or other related facility asset types
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction and procurement.
- Experienced with, or managing team that uses multiple estimating tools and applications.
- Strong experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Collaborative approach, able to develop strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Good organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated strong listening and communication skills.
- Proven cost and/or commercial management experience, ideally within a consultancy environment.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics or equivalent is required.
- RICS membership or equivalent is required.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/