Senior Planners / Schedulers – Infrastructure
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Department: Infrastructure
Turner & Townsend is a leading professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors. With 111 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
We believe that our people are at the heart of our success and continually strive to build a great place in which to work and grow as both individuals and professionals.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for Senior Planners/ Schedulers/ Planners to undertake duties within our New Zealand based, Infrastructure, Project Controls team, supporting projects across the energy, defence, rail, airports, highways, water and utilities sectors.
The Senior Planner/ Scheduler/ Planner will work as part of our Project Controls team on high-profile infrastructure projects, providing performance reporting and analysis support. This may be part of a large team or as the key day to day contact point with the client.
Typical Senior Planner activities include working with cost and planning engineers to develop work breakdown structures and robust performance baselines, establishing progress and cost monitoring methods, producing project control reports and providing performance analysis and recommendations for our clients.
The Planner / Scheduler function includes advanced planning, scheduling, progress measurement, change management implementation and analysis that may involve a major project or several smaller projects. A thorough understanding is required of policies, methods, and procedures that includes advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques, Risk Analysis, Risk Management, and support of project objectives. The Planner will provide expertise and best practice implementation in the workplace for the region with regards to the planning and scheduling discipline.
- Due to the current COVID restrictions we are only able to consider applicates within New Zealand, who hold existing working rights or entitlement to such rights.
- Previous experience working in a project controls environment within the infrastructure sector (Energy, Defence, Rail, Airports, Highways, Water / Utilities)
- Experience in at least one of the following: Programme Controls Management, Earned Value (EVM), Change & Risk Management, Planning, Project Controls and or PMO.
- A recognised Degree Qualification in a relevant field.
- Practical exposure to network planning structures and techniques, experienced user of Primavera Project Planner 6.0 or above, and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report writing skills.
- Collaborative and ability to work as part of a national team.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and resilience to deal with a fast paced environment.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/