Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Department: Infrastructure
Turner & Townsend is a leading professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors. With 111 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
We believe that our people are at the heart of our success and continually strive to build a great place in which to work and grow as both individuals and professionals.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients in our Infrastructure sector we are currently recruiting a Senior Cost Manger / Quantity Surveyor with proven local delivery experience to join our Auckland based team.
The ideal applicate with have a strong background in Quantity Surveying, ideally gained through the delivery of complex infrastructure projects, with those with Rail and Water experience of particular interest. Ideally you will have worked within a professional consultancy before, but those with a background in other areas, such as experience working for main contractors are encouraged to apply.
As a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager you will be able to work independently managing your own deliverables, but also work well as part of a team. You will strive to promote and maintain the highest of professional standards, while supporting junior staff to grow and learn through your knowledge and experience. At time you maybe required to oversee more junior staff, though you will support by our senior management team and Regional Managing Director who you will be working closely.
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally
- Responsible for pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control process
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Supporting developing and securing new business opportunities as required.
- A recognised degree qualification in Quantity Surveying (or similar).
- MRICS accreditation or similar (preferred).
- Relevant work experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and where appropriate lead a team
- Experience of leading and successfully delivering cost management commissions in the New Zealand market
- Experience working on Infrastructure projects
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for your profession and the difference it can make to your clients.
Due to the current COVID restrictions we are only able to consider applicates within New Zealand, who hold existing working rights or entitlement to such rights.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/