Associate Director Cost Management Real Estate
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
The successful candidate will work on real estate projects, including but not limited to Offices, Retail, Hospitality, Mixed Uses, Residential, Logistic Parks, Shopping Centres.
The Associate Director serves as the client’s main contact for providing cost management services, including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management and close out administration, quantity take-off and pricing and assistance with procurement management. The successful candidate will demonstrate a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills. An outstanding Cost Manager is not only great at analyzing costs, but they also know how to read people and tailor their negotiation strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
This position will work closely with all of our key global real estate clients. The position will report into the Cost Management Director and will have line management responsibilities of approximately 10-20 people.
An Associate Director works within the Cost Management team as a leader, managing cost management professionals within larger teams and delivering successful solutions for clients. They support the management direction and leadership of the Cost Management stream and are accountable for key account management and other business development related activity. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing cost advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Develop cost plans and contract documentation including budgetary estimates, bills of quantities and cost optional studies
- Demonstrate experience across all aspects of cost management on a range of projects from feasibility studies to final account close-out
- Prepare tender documentation, evaluate, and prepare tender reports, review contractor valuations and other relevant documentation
- Critically analyse, challenge and brainstorm project requirements and deliverables, in order to find creative solutions and alternatives on behalf of clients
- Manage the flow of project information between the team and the client through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensure the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Take a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Ensure commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- General line management responsibilities are effectively discharged and the cost management team is led effectively
- Motivate team members, and drive towards positive client outcomes and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts are kept track of on all commissions
- Take responsibility for business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- Professionally qualified in one of the following fields: Quantity Surveying, Cost Engineering, Commercial Management, Construction, Engineering, or Architecture.
- Masters in Cost Management or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish, written and speaking
- Member of RICS / AACE is a plus
- Professional knowledge of cost estimation software such as Cost X.
- Strong Microsoft skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Power BI
- Provide leadership to the team leaders within cost management and provide leadership and mentoring to the cost management team
- Strong business development skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Solution focused
- Outcome driven
- Self motivated
The successful candidate will have delivered cost management across a range of major projects, preferably across multiple sectors. Worked across the full project lifecycle to include for pre-investment decision making, procurement and budgeting and during post contract execution phases of work. Has experience in developing the cost management procedures and strategy which set the standards to which the project will adhere to.
- 15 years professional experience
- Experience of working in the Latin America construction market
- Experience of leading cost management commissions for medium, large, sized construction projects of medium to high complexity
- A strong background in the delivery of consultancy services to the sectors serviced by Turner & Townsend
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering, commercial management.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering a project
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance. Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.