Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 111 offices and 45 countries worldwide.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients in both our Infrastructure and Real Estate sectors, Turner & Townsend's Cost Management division in New Zealand is recruiting for a Cost Manger / Quantity Surveyor with proven local delivery experience to join our Auckland based team. The role will work closely with the Regional manager on current projects and developing the business across New Zealand.
- Contributing to business development including leading the preparation and delivery of bids in the market
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally
- Responsible for pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Chartered status or professionally qualified or equivalent desirable
- NZIQS Membership and/or MRICS accreditation.
- Relevant work experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- Ideally in the 3-10 year level of experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Cost Control and Cost Management of major capital projects and programs including strategic risk analysis, cost and schedule performance measurement, cost assurance, estimating and reporting using EVM processes
- An understanding of the characteristics of projects over a project life cycle.
- Good technical grounding in all the main areas of Cost Management incorporating a good working knowledge of cost management concepts, tools and techniques, client-side and client-contractor change management processes
- Detailed understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques including EV analysis, scheduling and Risk & Change management
- Infrastructure or Real Estate experience highly desirable
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/