Assistant Cost Manager/ Cost Manager - MEP - (Mumbai)
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend are looking for Assistant Cost Managers to join our award-winning, growing Cost Management team for Mumbai office
There are long term secured frameworks with national and regional organisations within the following sectors - Commercial end user / fit outs corporate space
The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress within our business and receive a competitive salary. There will also be the opportunity to support internal business initiatives and development, in order to offer our people an all-round exposure to the business. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate consultancy experience.
Role within the project:The job role is intended to deliver pre and post contract cost management deliverables of MEP Systems. In the pre contract role, the candidate must be proficient to do Quantity take-off of various MEP systems at various design stages, capable to understand MEP design brief, competent to do BOQ validation and Pre Tender estimate at Tender stage.
In the post contract, the candidate will required to do bill verification, payment certifications, site measurements and assisting cost manager for cost report preparation.
Main job purpose:The candidate should have sound technical knowledge of all MEP systems and primarily he is proficient to compare BOQ items, pick rates of similar items and rate analysis.
Also he should have good post contract site experience and he must be competent to make necessary assumptions during quantity take-off, list out missing details in the drawings, BOQ and specification, raising request for information based on the given tender details and proficient to understand technical specification and design brief.
Should have basic knowledge on cost plan stages, procurement routes, contracts, change management and Risk management.
- Responsible for quantity take-off of various MEP systems
- Responsible for Quantity validation
- Assist cost manager for pre tender estimate
- Assist cost manager for procurement and comparison statement preparation
- Responsible for bill verifications and payment certifications
- Assist cost manager for cost reporting
- A proven track record of delivering high quality cost management/quantity surveying services across the industry
- Education - B.E/B.Tech /B.Arch – (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Post Graduate Qualification in relevant field would be an added advantage
- You should have relevant experience of working for a construction consultancy in India, be degree educated in a relevant construction subject and have good technical skills
- 3 - 7 years of post-qualification experience in similar role
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/