Cost Manager - Civil - (Hyderabad)
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Department: Real Estate
We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we’re experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.
The role is a traditional CM role for commercial fit-out work experience
Role within the project
Should be able to lead a commercial fit-out project independently with the know-how of the following: Quantity survey, Rate Analysis, Value Engineering, Market Knowledge on pricing, procurement, post-contract management, tracking budget & commercial closure for Commercial Fit-out /base build projects.
- Pre and post-contract duties including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc.
- Completing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procurement activity, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preliminaries, tender analysis, tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Taking responsibility for timely and accurate cost checks and valuations
- Producing monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Participate effectively with post-contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Perform cost risk analysis and provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts
- Maintain central feedback and learning on cost estimating from prospects and projects and contribute to updating of best practices in estimating
- Technical knowledge of interior fit-out projects for a period of 7+years for CM/QS.
- Prior experience of handling base build projects is required and Candidates with Commercial project exposure could be prioritised, preferably should know background working on CostX
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction and procurement.
- Experienced with or managing a team that uses multiple estimating tools and applications.
- Strong experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- The collaborative approach, able to develop strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Good organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated strong listening and communication skills.
- Proven cost and/or commercial management experience, ideally within a consultancy environment.
Education - B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch - Civil
Post Graduate Qualification in relevant field would be an added advantage
You should have relevant experience of working for a construction consultancy in India, be degree educated in a relevant construction subject and have good technical skills
7 - 10 years of post qualification experience in similar role
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills