Assistant Project Manager - HSE - Mumbai
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Responsibilities of APM HSE/Safety will include the following:
- Support/development and implementation of Project HSE Management System including the HSE action monitoring system and incident reporting procedure, in compliance with internal management system and any Client specified requirements.
- Provide advice and support to the Project Director/ Manager on the processes and procedures required to deliver HSE objectives.
- Set personal example.
- Ensure legislative changes are communicated and complied with.
- Assurance and Self-verification against the contract requirements for scope of work.
- Assist in developing effective HSE trainings and delivered to Project personnel.
- Support and/or lead HSE meetings, audits and reviews.
- Ensure that specialist advice is obtained as required.
- Ensure a formal risk assessment process is developed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure Project HSE performance statistics are developed and communicated.
- When required, Interface with the Client team to ensure prompt delivery of HSE scope of services.
- Review of Contractor’s HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement & Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Ensure compliance by all parties with Company’s HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations applicable to the project.
- Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and ensure appropriate actions.
- Comply with internal HSE Management System.
- Functionally reports to the Project Manager
- Relevant degree and professional qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as an HSE practitioner within the same or related sector
- Minimum NEBOSH IGC qualification
- IOSH membership or similar association
- Proficient with all Microsoft office applications
- Prominent communication skill
- Leadership skills
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com