Cost Manager - Civil - (Delhi)
- Delhi, India
- Department: Real Estate
We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we’re experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.
NOTE: we are only able to consider candidates who are 1) presently based within Delhi NCR and 2) Candidates who are flexible to relocate Delhi NCR
The role is a traditional CM role for Mixed development project
Role within the project
- To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery
- To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service
- Assisting in feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report, and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post-contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing to final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Involved in the complete lifecycle of the project
- Supporting technical design briefs, analyze designs and coordinate with multiple vendors
- Experience in sustainability / LEED & other concepts
- Review technical specifications, interpret contracts, and participate in technical & commercial negotiations with the vendors
- Lead a team & be able to supervise & coordinate onsite construction activities
- Review and analyze all drawings and material schedules with involvement in the supervision of the site activities and to control cost and ensure timely completion of the project.
- Coordinate with the client, consultant, suppliers, site engineers, & various subcontractors at the site. Checking and preparing VO, negotiation with sub-con and client.
- Provide interpretations of plans, project scope, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors/sub-contractors and engineers to ensure a comprehensive and mutual understanding of the project plan.
- Identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager and by making effective use of the marketing database
- Assisting in the production of bid documentation
- Identifying ways in which cost management procedures, templates and products can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Understanding the Turner & Townsend 2+2=5 philosophy and identifying cross-divisional opportunities
- Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Utilizing FMS in order to keep track of the ongoing margin levels
- Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager.
- Commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Service delivery on commissions is in line with the conditions of appointment
- Good relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- They work as an effective member of the cost management team, including where appropriate, taking effective responsibility for Assistant Cost Managers
- Opportunities are identified to develop new business with existing clients
- Margin levels are kept track of on all commissions
- Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained
- Should adhere to the company’s global environmental policy
- Education - B.E/B.Tech (Civil)
- Post graduate qualification in relevant field would be an added advantage
- 5 – 10 years of post-qualification experience in similar role
- You should have relevant experience of working for a construction consultancy in India, be degree educated in a relevant construction subject and have good technical skills