Assistant Cost Manager (CostX) - Civil - (Bangalore)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Role within the project: To support ongoing activities including cost plan, PTE, DVR etc .
Main job purpose: Cost Manager will be responsible to implement the T & T way of service delivery and implement best Cost X practice on the various commission.
Primary responsibilities on an overseas project
- Support commission lead in delivering the commission within agreed timelines and desired quality.
- Support commission manager in managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Train junior team members on Costx -2D/3D and develop best practice on costX
Other responsibilities on a local project
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report, and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post-contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing on final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- 3 - 7 years of post-qualification experience in a similar role
- Experience on SSM7, SSM6, POMI, NRM is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of commercial interior fit-out projects
- B.E/B.Tech - Civil/ Electrical /Mechanical
- Prior experience of handling interior fit-out projects is required and Candidates with Commercial project exposure could be prioritized, should know background working on CostX
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction and procurement.
- Proven cost and/or commercial management experience, ideally within a consultancy environment
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/