- Kitimat, BC V8C, Canada
- Department: Natural resources
Do you want to be part of our successful Natural Resources team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in Alberta and British Columbia? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Quantity Surveyor to work in our growing team.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Quantity Surveyor with 5-7 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment. In this role, you would work and 14 days on-site in British Columbia and 7 off.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be involved in but not limited to:
- Responsible for performing and updating all aspects of the site based quantity surveying/reporting to support project tracks within the Project, and supporting the Progress & Performance of ongoing construction work within your assigned construction discipline.
- Concentrating on activities which include but are not limited to tracking of: ground movement, excavation, equipment hours of operation, manpower count and hours worked, interferences encountered and cause, and installation quantities and hours credited.
- Calculating and validate quantities from Engineering drawings, BIM Model Downloads, and Fabrication drawings and utilizing that information for conducting field quantity surveyor analysis.
- Working closely with the Project Site Lead and other Site based QS’s field site planners to ensure alignment of earned value, schedule milestone delivery, and project progress reporting.
- Maintaining and update the QS process for accurate Field data collection, performance measurements and progress validation and analysis for all related construction activities.
- Coordinating the work of field QS team and compile reporting for Project Site Lead.
- Ensuring that submitted progress assessments are in accordance to the project Rules of Credits (RoC) and support the projects Earned Value Analysis.
- Performing field walk-downs to provide weekly quantity sample analysis on installed quantities vs reported progress. Some of these walk-downs may utilize drone technology requiring knowledge of such technology or communications skills for obtaining the required data from the drone technology individual/team.
- Reviewing weekly field reports to help identify possible areas of concern and support the teams in developing and implementing mitigation efforts to reflect accurate Field Progress (Earned Quantities and Earned Hours) driving the Project Master Schedule Progress.
- Reviewing contractors’ quantity tracker and progress reports.
- Assisting with review and development, issuance and evaluation of construction contractor’s change orders as required for their project tracks, aligning scope with budgeted hours.
- Responsible for understanding hydrostatic testing of ground level and below ground level HDPE, carbon steel, stainless steel and other material types for piping.
- Responsible for having or attaining knowledge of site, local, or geographical regulatory requirements. Ensure all QS team activities are compliant with company specification and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for team safety for all construction activities.
- Assisting in review and attestation of invoicing as related to construction activities
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management required. RICS, PMI, AACEI, etc. would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on Chemical and Petrochem Project pipeline development, regulation requirements, maintenance, and installation activities or similar related work (Oil & Gas),
- Strong understanding and progressing ability for all construction disciplines including but not limited to civil, structural, piping, electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, coatings, heat tracing, insulation and fireproofing.
- Experience in MS Excel & MS Access for Data analysis and reporting purposes (Graphs &Data visualization, Pivot tables, etc.).
- Must have experience working with 3D BIM models.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.