Junior Cost Manager - Data Center Construction
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend, we are passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. With more than 6,000 professionals in 112 offices across 45 offices, we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, providing the skills and insight to improve the way they develop, deliver and operate their physical real estate assets.
Across private and public sectors, our talented professionals provide the most innovative solutions for our clients’ greatest challenges. Our clients value our proactive and client-centric approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality of the work we deliver. As a result, our employees get to work for the top global brands on some of the most exciting projects around the world.
Turner & Townsend seeks an ambitious construction professional looking for an opportunity to learn about data center construction and develop your cost management skills. Working as part of an industry leading team, you’ll be eager and excited to learn the role and build upon your commercial skillset that will set you up for a successful career in the industry.
To be successful you will need to be a team player, have strong analytical skills and commercial acumen, be well organized and able to work effectively under pressure.
- You will be responsible for full end-to-end cost management of multiple retrofit, upgrade and expansion projects on an existing data center campus consisting of multiple data centers and associated infrastructure.
- Support the project management team in the preparation of annual and quarterly funding plans
- Track cost deliverables due from A/E firms, GCs and vendors to enable timely project execution
- Perform market analysis, bid leveling and benchmarking in response to General Contractor fee and staffing proposals
- Review and negotiate estimates and change orders submitted by General Contractors, A/E firms and other project vendors
- Track, monitor and report on allowance and contingency usage
- Update and maintain project reporting tools to ensure budget, cost, schedule milestones and risk are accurately represented
- Update and maintain project change order logs with status, values and supporting comments
- Attend monthly site walks (as required) with the project manager and General Contractor to validate the payment application and ensure progress claimed is accurate.
- Establish original baseline, quarterly and annual cash flow forecasts
- Update project cash flow forecasts on a monthly basis, providing justification for the inclusion of any accruals and analysis of any variances against the baseline
- Coordinate with General Contractors, A/E firms and other project vendors to ensure contracts/ purchase orders are financially closed upon completion of the relevant scope.
- 1-3 years of construction industry experience with a good understanding of the role of a cost engineer / cost manager.
- Passion and enthusiasm for construction and numbers!
- Team player with high drive, commitment and work ethic.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency using spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite: Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.