Project Manager - Utilities
- Birmingham, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, to join our busy and expanding Infrastructure business, supporting our clients deliver a range of water projects and programmes across the Midlands.
Owing to the complex nature of the works involved, this role will suit Project Managers from a civil engineering background, ideally with previous water sector experience. NEC accreditation is also preferred.
At Turner & Townsend Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the £1m to £10m range. When in a supporting role, the project size may be far greater.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To provide support on major Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for an aspect of service delivery.
- To ensure that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of project requirements
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan
- Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets
- Developing and implementing resource plans and procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Managing the change control process
- Developing and agreeing budgets and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client, other consultants, and managing stakeholders at all project stages
- Advising the client regarding Health & Safety and Environmental issues and risks
- Degree qualified in a construction related subject
- Preferred if chartered/qualified with ICE, APM, RICS etc
- Preferred if NEC3: ECC Project Manager accreditation is in place
- Preferred if experience is in a complex stakeholder environment
- Ability to be mobile across the south east is a necessity
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/