Cost Engineering Analyst
- Chandler, AZ, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
This position is for a Cost Engineering Analyst (CEA) in Chandler, AZ. The position will involve managing projects across the site as well as possible projects across multiple regions/locations. The position will be an integral member of a project team which includes members from the Global Construction Operations and Procurement Organizations. The CEA is responsible for all financial elements of the project to help ensure the project is delivered on time and at the best cost. This role is one of the few opportunities in Operations Finance where analysts can both develop and perfect project management skills working with the project team as well as external suppliers.
Responsibilities include partnering with members of the project team to develop monthly project forecasts, implementing and enforcing project controls, driving process improvements, presenting financial updates to management, and identifying and influencing cost reduction cash savings opportunities using financial analysis skills. Additionally, the role will work closely with the project team to support contract negotiations, bid evaluations, and change order/claim resolution. This position will offer management of significant capital funding with nominal oversight.
- Requires thorough working knowledge of Construction Project Controls, Cost Engineering, finance, accounting and business analysis.
- Independently and proactively analyzes financial information and develops solutions to complex problems.
- Consistently utilizes and applies advanced financial modeling, accounting, business and risk management skills.
- Provides varying levels of advice and financial information to operational business groups or factories to drive the business decision-making process.
- Supports business by closing the books, analyzing variances and trends, and developing financial forecasts that are consistent with the business objectives of the organization.
- Provides information and counsel in the areas of controls/risk management, claims mitigation, budgeting and planning, pricing, cost, marketing strategies, return on investment decisions, and the development of overall business plans and strategies.
- Ensures compliance with reporting standards and corporate policies and the integrity of external and internal reporting.
- Plans and schedules own work to ensure the timely completion of interrelated to independent tasks and projects with very limited direction.
- Regularly applies strategies and concepts and draws on a cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences to independently execute an appropriate course of action.
- Develops solutions to a broad mix of moderate to complex business challenges. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions can cause considerable impact to business plans and results as well as project objectives and scheduling of work within own and other organizations.
- Interprets information for and negotiates with clients and customers both internal and external to the organization.
- Provides input to management including department heads, operational managers, other departments, and senior management. Responsible for providing financial support to larger or more profitable departments and accounts.
- Bachelor's, Master's or MBA degree in Construction, Finance, Business, Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of job related practical experience.
- High Tech or Semiconductor experience highly preferred
- Power BI experience highly preferred
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.