Senior Cost Manager
- Houston, TX, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Cost Manager will play a key role in the management and delivery of cost management services and will be based in our Houston Office. The individual will work across all sectors within our growing Real Estate team, will have line management responsibility and will be provided with an excellent opportunity to progress within the cost center and wider business.
- Prepare and peer review construction estimates/cost plans.
- Prepare project feasibility studies with accompanying robust benchmark cost data.
- Present estimates/cost plans to the design team and client.
- Inform and lead value engineering discussions and provide reasoned advice on all potential cost saving opportunities.
- Lead procurement strategy and prepare procurement reports.
- Engagement and participation in design team meetings.
- Lead project benchmarking initiatives within the cost center.
- Prepare detailed tender analysis and lead post tender clarification meetings to align bids prior to contract.
- Review and provide comments on contractual documentation.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business and report opportunities to the cost center Director.
- Review contractor and subcontractor pricing.
- Lead negotiations on the client’s behalf.
- Validate/assess contractor/subcontractor payment applications and submissions.
- Assess post contract changes.
- Ensure that post-contract change is managed and aligned to the change management process.
- Provide early warnings to the client on areas of cost risk.
- Prepare/peer review construction financial reports at a project and portfolio level.
- Lead final account process and ensure completion and agreement in a timely manner.
The individual will possess:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a cost management role.
- Pre and post contract experience is necessary.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- College and/or post-graduate degree in construction management, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering or field related to construction.
- RICS accreditation preferred but not required.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.