Senior Project Manager- Real Estate
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of our successful Real Estate team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in Vancouver? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Senior Project Manager to work in our growing team.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Senior Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be involved in:
- Manage individual tasks throughout the design and construction process including submittal and RFI process.
- Transcribe meeting minutes and action items and drive each item to closure.
- Ensure project compliance with client’s document controls and file specifications.
- Administer project closeout specifications and associated turnover documentation.
- Regular collaboration and coordination is required with internal resources and design build contractors.
- Submittal approval management
- RFI processing
- Change order management
- Meeting coordination
- Punch-list management
- Administration of project observation reports
- Participation in commissioning
- Transition of close-out documentation to operations
Client Relationship Management
- Works in partnership with clients to build a win-win relationship and can articulate the benefits achieved
- Balances the needs of different clients
- Builds relationships that extend beyond delivery activities
- Understands and shares the client’s strategy and goals
- Contributes to development and closure of new business opportunities
- Oversees the activities of project team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Provides guidance, support, coaching and motivation to project team
- Leads by example
- Delivers an exciting team vision, which inspires others to perform beyond their initial aspirations
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager in assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a similar field
- Security clearance or ability to gain this quickly strongly preferred
- Real property construction experience is preferred, ideally in the Ottawa market
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing)
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Project or P6.
- Good with numbers, technology, and web-based data platforms.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/