Senior Cost Estimator
- Houston, TX, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
The Cost Estimator / Senior Cost Estimator will be responsible for preparing estimates, based on first principles & presenting estimate reports to external clients from Feasibility to Construction Design Phase, across a range of industry sectors & clients.
(You may be required to perform other duties as assigned that are not outlined in the Position Description)
- Lead in the preparation and review of cost estimates & reports including detailed assumptions, clarifications & exclusion that form the estimate basis
- Vast knowledge of market rates to leverage in the preparation of cost estimates at each design phase
- Prepare benchmarking reports to support cost estimates
- Involvement in pre-construction design meetings, tracking design development against baseline set
- Pro-actively & collaboratively propose efficiencies in design & value engineering opportunities to support client decision making
- Engage & test the market to increase confidence level in the estimate, when appropriate
- Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis during the pre-construction phase
- Support the coordination of the Change Management process for the project during the pre-construction phase
- Tender normalization & analysis
- 5+ years of estimating experience
- BS, BA optional or equivalent
- Commercial/Real Estate project experience required
- MEP background is preferred
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.