Senior MEP Construction Cost Consultant
- Cupertino, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend, we are passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. With more than 6,000 professionals in 112 offices across 45 offices, we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, providing the skills and insight to improve the way they develop, deliver and operate their physical real estate assets.
Across private and public sectors, our talented professionals provide the most innovative solutions for our clients’ greatest challenges. Our clients value our proactive and client-centric approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality of the work we deliver. As a result, our employees get to work for the top global brands on some of the most exciting projects around the world.
Turner & Townsend seeks is seeking an experienced Senior MEP Cost Consultant to provide Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing estimates cost estimating and other cost consulting management related services on large-scale, high-value Tenant Improvement and Design-build ground-up construction projects.
- Provide estimate and cost planning analysis / appraisals to include producing and presenting the final cost planestimates to the multiple project stakeholders.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, schematic, programming and detailed level for any projects as well as at a program level.
- Assist on feasibility studies and writing procurement reportsadvise cost implications for multiple design options.
- Perform all aspects of procurement, including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to line manager.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost checking, and valuation process.
- Produce monthly post contract cost reports and present to client.
- Provide input into value engineering, cost optimization initiatives; negotiate and approve final accounts.
- Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages.
- Provide leadership to cost management team when necessary, ensure the delivery on all of accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and report such opportunities to appropriate line manager, and utilize marketing database.
- Identify improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate line manager.
- Develop best practices on the MEPF related estimates, cost analysis and prepare market reports for multiple design elements
- Understand local rates for all MEPF items and advise the project team members of the impact on the project cost due to any price fluctuations in the market
- Understand, prepare and advise the project team members of detailed cost analysis for MEP items in terms of material, labor and productivity, etc
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management with a Technical Focus, Quantity Surveyor, or related technical field.
- Minimum of 8 years post-graduate experience preparing large-scale MEP construction cost estimates.
- Good understanding of all mechanical as they relate to construction of projects.
- Construction experience with electrical, and plumbing systems a plus.
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account.
- Demonstrate solid presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad Navisworks, Google Suite measurement software’s, MEP related estimating software’s and/or other related computer software.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction procurement.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Good knowledge and experience gained within several industry sectors.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.