Assistant Procurement Manager
- Birmingham or London, England, United Kingdom
- Department: Advisory
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Due to increased workload and securing of new clients within the Infrastructure and Real Estate sectors, Turner & Townsend has a new opportunity for a Procurement and Contract Consultant to join our growing Contract Services division in London or Birmingham
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- work with an outstanding team of specialist consultants,
- advise major clients on large scale / flagship projects,
- challenge themselves in a market leading global business.
The wider team also includes specialists in procurement and contract strategy, claims management and dispute resolution services. The intention is to develop the right applicant within the Contract Services division, offering a distinct opportunity to rapidly progress their career within an entrepreneurial, defined and growing division.
The individual will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled team delivering best-in-class strategic procurement and contract advice, including end-to-end procurement services to one of our key account clients.
Further opportunities are available to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for our blue chip client portfolio.
- To fulfil the responsibilities of a Procurement and Contracts Consultant
- To provide specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
- To manage end to end procurement services on major construction related projects.
- Support the development of the procurement services provided by Turner & Townsend.
- To support business development and marketing of the Contract Services division.
- To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
- To support on bid preparation and proposal documentation and support the work winning capability of the contract services division
In particular we are looking for an individual with strong experience across the following:
- Procurement strategy and execution
- Contract Management
- Public Procurement
- Supply chain intelligence and market engagement
- Contract development
- Commercial modelling
- Supplier relationship management
• Must have the ability to develop key strategy and/or documentation that complies with public procurement regulations.
• Supply chain expertise and experience in market engagement.
• Experience of various forms of construction contracts with a particular focus on NEC.
• Rail experience which could be in an indirect or direct procurement capacity.
• A background in tender preparation, management and evaluation.
• Experience using e-procurement software.
• Major projects experience; over £50m.
• Confident, independent and able to work autonomously without need for supervision.
• Be able to manage work/business development/career development activities.
• Excellent communication skills, adaptable, with a determination to succeed.
• Preferably possess degree related to quantity surveying, law or procurement and/or be MCIPS.