Project Manager / Senior Project Manager (Construction Projects - Life Sciences, Pharma, Biotech)
- London, UK
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Interested in working for the world’s leading corporations, delivering their world class Construction projects? Turner & Townsend are leaders in professional services to the Life Sciences, Pharma, Biotech sectors globally. Due to our continued successes and expansion of our UK business, we currently want to talk with Project Managers at all career levels with relevant sector experience
- Manage overall project cost, schedule and budgets.
- Manage General Contractor and other directly contracted vendors and consultants.
- Analyse, track and effectively manage critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- Review construction proposals and related pricing/scopes.
- Review, correct and assess work-in-place, to approve capital expenditure spends.
- Review and approve cost loaded schedules.
- Run and lead client and other required meetings.
- Identify the factors that influence construction costs and can monitor and report on this data.
- Knowledge and experience with all methods of construction procurement and long lead equipment.
- Review, validate and audit cost estimates prepared by contractors and others within a client’s organization.
- Support engineering decisions relating to the project cost and budget while design-build changes take place during construction.
- Review requests for payment.
- Track and ensure equipment meets the project schedule.
- Record occurrence that might result in a claim - acting on the client’s behalf.
- Advocate on the part of the client during disputes, disagreements, modifications, or change orders.
- Coordinate and oversee scheduling consultant reviews on the project.
- Review and approve final invoices, payment applications, retention payments.
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the building operations to the client including all close out documentation and warranties.
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience as a Construction Project Manager with a track record of delivery in sector e.g. Life Sciences, Pharma, Biotech or other High Tech facility.
- Strong and professional communication skills, with great organization skills, ability to multi-task.
- Must have a “team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, creativity and dynamism.
- Management experience, with ability to manage and lead team in delivering a commission and general line management preferable.
- Manage revenue, team resource and priorities to ensure that client expectations are met.
- Experience with business development, including developing business with existing and new clients, and cross-selling.
- University degree in Construction Management or a related field.
- Member of a Professional body preferred or wokring towards.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/