Project Controls Consultant- Cost Control
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Department: Infrastructure
Do you want to be part of our successful Infrastructure team supporting a top clients for Turner & Townsend in Toronto? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Project Controls Consultant to work in our growing team to support with the cost control of a major program.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Cost Controller with 5 - 7 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
As Cost Controller, you will be involved with:
- Responsibility for the capitalization of the program portfolio, this involves working closely with both client finance and the delivery teams to accurately assign costs incurred on projects to assets introduced by projects
- Review of month end and quarter end reporting the delivery teams; understanding variance and the reasons as well as the financial and schedule performance of the program
- Validation of forecasts; schedule baselines; and change orders for your assigned program team
- Review of projects at Stage Gates and validation the projects are aligned with the governance framework
- Support Project Managers with the development of accurate cost forecasts
- Support Project Managers with the development of accurate schedules for their projects
- Provide training to delivery teams for the roll out of PMO processes and procedures
- 5-7 years of Cost Control experience
- A recognized university degree in Construction Management or related field
- Membership in a relevant professional organizations (i.e. RICS, AACEI).
- Certification or designation from a professional organization is an asset (i.e. MRICS, CCP)
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.